Healthy, Easy Fall Cookie Recipe
Pumpkin Oat Cookies
- 2.5 cups (250 g) rolled or quick oats
- 1 cup (240 g) pure pumpkin puree
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup, agave or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice or cinnamon, optional but recommended
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, optional but recommended
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a thick dough. Start with 2 tbsp of sweetener and adjust sweetness as desired. I use 3 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Use your hands to create 12 cookie shapes. The cookies will not spread or change shape during baking so be sure to create the shape you want before baking.
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper or place cookies directly on the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm after a few minutes. Let cool completely before storing. Store at in a sealed container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.